Naming the Unnamable - Sugar Addiction

Naming the Unnamable - Sugar Addiction


It's time to name the unnamable. To start talking about the "elephant in the room" - the addiction that people are reluctant to talk about - sugar addiction!

Do you crave sweet foods?

In this world where the growth of obesity is out of control, it's time to start saying things as it is. Sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine! So why are we avoiding tackling this issue? Is it because we are ashamed to admit that we are dependent? The stigma of this word so worried that we would rather see ourselves and the obesity epidemic grow further?

Or is the truth of the matter, that deep, you think you could never completely stop the sugar? Is it your joy, your comfort, your "guilty pleasure"? So let me ask you, would you say if your addiction was alcohol or drugs?

I am a sugar addict and I can not say how much he feels liberating to finally recognize and possess this. For most of my life, I thought it was weak. I thought it was a failure and despair, in terms of my weight and body image. I am consumed by guilt and shame. It was my fault. At least these are the messages around me.

The stupid thing is that I know that diets do not work for me and 98% of people. What no one told me was that no amount of motivation or willpower that can overcome biochemical reactions in the body, associated with addiction.

Diets and sugar dependence

You have an addictive personality or not. There is nothing you can do to change that. Diets will only work if you have a sugar addiction. It is like telling an alcoholic or addict can achieve happiness if you just reduce their intake.

As with any addiction, it is necessary to recognize that you have an addiction, and then learn to drive in a day. Learning to yourself and your love body is the next step, so get the support you need.


As we talked more about sugar dependency, we help educate others that this is a very serious issue that needs to be fully taken into account. If we are to succeed in reducing the growing epidemic of obesity, we must face reality and offer alternatives to diet craze - a way to manage sugar dependence!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weight Loss Foods

Slim Down Without Even Trying

Weight Loss Food - Which Foods Should You Choose to Lose Weight?